Dedicated to bringing legal and practical solutions to his clients, Richard McElroy is an experienced trial lawyer. With more than 50 years of experience, he specializes in high stakes commercial law and complex business disputes.
A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, Richard has represented a wide diversity of business entities and individuals such as steel and aluminum manufacturers, a major concert promoter, two major professional sports leagues, food manufacturers, accountants, investment firms and individual corporate officers and directors. He has appeared in state and federal courts throughout the country and successfully argued an antitrust case in the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Successfully argued an antitrust case for Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corp.in the United States Supreme Court
- Counsel for plaintiffs in Zenith Corporation et al v. Matsushita Electric Industrial Corp (the Japanese Electronic Products Antitrust Litigation)
- Counsel for the National Hockey League and the National Football League in various antitrust cases and other matters
- Counsel for Campbell Soup Company in a number of business disputes, including the successful defense of the company in a $600 million fraudulent conveyance case tried in federal court in Delaware
- Won a $20 million verdict in a case against Sprint Corp. tried in federal court in Kansas on behalf of a small Philadelphia based company.
Honors & Awards:
- Edwin P. Rome Lifetime Achievement Award
- 50 Year Club at the Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Ranking
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers