Jeffrey C. McElroy
Jeff McElroy concentrates his practice on business law with a focus on litigation. He handles complex matters involving businesses throughout the United States in federal and state court actions. He has successfully litigated cases on behalf of companies and individuals in such areas as breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, fraudulent conveyance, and employment law.
He counsels clients through all stages of their contractual needs, from negotiating, drafting and implementing contracts to litigation of any contractual disputes. He has experience counseling clients on and litigating over licensing agreements, co-manufacturing and procurement contracts, company operating agreements, employment contracts, lease and land development agreements, financing and insurance agreements, and acts as general counsel for his business clients that do not have their own legal departments. Jeff strives to work with his clients to solve their business issues in practical, efficient and productive ways.
Jeff graduated from Washington & Lee University in 1995 and from Temple University School of Law in 2000, where he was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
When not counseling his clients, Jeff enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, and an occasional round or two of golf.
- VAI, Inc. v. Miller Energy Resources et al. – Successfully litigated a case on behalf of a financial consulting company against a publicly traded oil and gas company for breach of contract regarding a merger the oil company effected. We won a $7,000,000+ judgment after a bench trial in the Eastern District of PA in 2015. The damages were especially complex because the plaintiff was promised warrants of stock that the company failed to deliver and they had to be valued at a particular time.
- Represented a creditor in a fraudulent conveyance action against a bank that was the transferee of assets of an insolvent mortgage company and the bank did not pay market value for the company. Secured a $1,000,000+ judgment against the bank after a jury trial in Delaware County. An officer of the bank was also a defendant who the jury found liable for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Litigated to settlement several complex cases involving Campbell Soup Company and its subsidiaries (Pepperidge Farm Incorporated and Godiva USA) against various large-scale manufacturers, licensing partners, marketers and distributors.
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers