Samuel M. First
Labor and Employment Department Chair
Samuel First serves as Labor and Employment Chair at the Jacobs Law Group, PC. He has extensive experience representing employers, senior-level executives and professionals in all aspects of labor and employment law. Sam devotes particular attention to handling non-compete, non-solicitation and trade secret disputes, executive transitions, executive employment and related agreements, and discrimination matters. He also represents clients in business/shareholder disputes and other business transactions. Sam is a top rated Super Lawyer in Labor & Employment in Philadelphia PA and has been rated by Chambers USA. Sam is a frequent lecturer on labor and employment matters for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, a subsidiary of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Sam regularly advises clients regarding reductions in force, employee terminations and disciplinary matters, severance arrangements, wage and hour issues, and personnel policies and practices. He is recognized and highly skilled at navigating the complex web of federal, state, and local laws governing the workplace.
Sam is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and Temple University School of Law. He is active in the community, currently serving as chair of the board of the JEVS Foundation, and as a board member, officer and past chair of JEVS Human Services. He is a frequent lecturer on labor and employment law topics for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and other organizations.
Legal and Civic Activities:
- Chair of the Board JEVS Foundation, (2013-Present)
- Chair of the Board of JEVS Human Services, a human services and job training agency that serves up to 23,000 consumers each year, (2011-2014)
- Board Member JEVS Human Services, (2003-present)
- Member, Board of Trustees of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, (2011-2014)
- VP Legal, Philadelphia Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (“SHRM”), (2004-2014)
- Member, Business Executive Advisory Board to the Business School at Holy Family University, (2010-2012)